Monday, December 10, 2007

Back to Basics

B - oatmeal with pecans
l - half a turkey and gouda sandwich, tangerine, apple, berry cirtus Fresca, crackers and cheese
d - mexican meat. I have no idea but it's beef... there's a little ethnic grocery store that sells fresh marinated meat. I'm going to cook it in a hot skillet with onions, peppers, and tomatoes and serve it with some Mexican rice (my grandmother's recipe).

If anyone has ideas on what to do with a skirt steak and a flank steak...please share. They were impulse purchases.

2 comments:

LauraC said...

I found your blog through BBC, have been loving following your journey. Still trying to convince DH to do this for a month!

We used this recipe most of the summer. We skipped the step to boil the marinade. This goes best with rice and veggies, it tasted weird with potatoes.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/105855

A Girl, A Boy, and Me said...

Thank you for the recipe! I'm glad you are reading the blog. I wasn't sure if I had any readers here. :) It's odd - I was doing this to spend less out of our food budget, and find the biggest impact is my waistline. It's weird to lose weight without dieting or adding in more exercise.

*