Monday, November 26, 2007

Day Two

I'm cleaning out the pantry and found...da da da DA! Cocoa pebbles. I can't remember when my normally granola self bought these. Before I bring anymore food into the house I need to purge the freezer and pantry of overflow.

b-Cocoa Pebbles, organic milk
l-Butternut Squash ravioli (thanks Lean Cuisine for being in the freezer) and an assortment of fresh fruits (gala apples and tangerines)
d-15 bean soup with homemade bread

snack - Bonbel...it's the little yellow cheese round thing...

The kids had sandwiches on fresh bread, brownies, fruit and yogurt for lunch, for a snack they have apples and cheese.

*an aside* The girl told me that her assistant teacher said you can make lots of things out of the wax that covers the cheese. So I googled and found someone made a wax bear out of their cheese wax. I'm not creative, so I think I will just mold bricks. Then when I'm bored, I can build things. So, right now, I have one yellow brick. Hummmm.

*follow up* Bean soup is kind of gross. This is harder than I thought it would be. I feel sorry for the kids. The girl refused to even try it. The boy ate two bowls. But he's a teen. It could have been Spam and he would have had two bowls. Then again, as much as I hate mystery meat, Spam may have been an improvement.

bean soup=bad

The highlight was a little scoop of eggnog ice cream and the girl had gingerbread ice cream. Normally, I'm a "you didn't try dinner, you don't get to try dessert" kind of mom. Not tonight. That's just cruel.

No comments:

*