Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Day 4

This meal planning thing gets old really quick....

b - yogurt with strawberry preserves my grandmother made (ha ha you all have to buy the store stuff) :P

l - another stupid frozen thing with tangerines and apples. I forgot a cheese so I only have two wax bricks to humor myself. the kids have sandwiches, tangerines, a mini iced lemon poppy seed muffin and the strawberry yogurt.

d - pizza and salad for the kids (regular old frozen pizza - I am tired of thinking about food). I think I just want an egg and toast. I'll cut some carrots and celery for everyone to eat while the pizza cooks. I also have to prepare dinner for tomorrow (beef stew). I might make macaroni salad for Friday night. Too much kitchen time! I think I may need an apron if I'm going to be so....domestic.

*update* The boy is not coming home for dinner. I'm really sad about it - he's good company. And this is the sort of thing that happens that makes me want to go out. It's not really fun to cook for one person (the girl is a person too - it's just that she doesn't really eat much). And, in my hazy behavior I just realized, I'm not preparing stew tonight for tomorrow. Tomorrow is the dang dinner. Maybe I'll just make a berry fruit salad and French toast. I already miss the boy. It would be helpful if I knew what I really wanted. FINAL - the pizza, salad and vegetables. To feel better I'll call the veggies "crudites".

Pizza wasn't very good - there is 3/4 of it left. We had a lot of celery and salad. What saved us was some gingerbread ice cream for me and a chocolate brownie for her. I LOVE ginger. I even like the crystallized kind for baking. I love strong flavors - anise, black licorice, and ginger.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Nothing wrong with frozen pizza, that's what I'm about to put in for Faith. ;o)

I've got a good quiche recipe if you want too, lots of possibilities for meat/cheese/veggies. I made 2 the other night, one with ham & cheese, the other tomato, mushroom & cheese.

A Girl, A Boy, and Me said...

Shannon - I would love your recipe. Quiche actually sounds fun.

*